If you are a resident of the European Union, consult the applicable privacy notice by clicking here.
Comprehensive Privacy Notice
Last Update: August 29, 2018
In compliance with the Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares (Federal Law for the Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Private Parties), we provide this privacy notice, and inform the following:
1.-Responsible for protecting personal data
PLM Premier, S.A.P.I. de C.V. (hereinafter “Club Premier”), with domicile to hear and receive notices located at Avenida Paseo de la Reforma No. 250, Colonia Juárez, Delegación Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 06600, Ciudad de México, CDMX, is responsible for the treatment and protection of your personal data, and/or that of your children or ward which may collected according to each case (hereinafter “personal data”).
2.- Information about our privacy officer and how get in touch with him.
Our privacy officer is the person within Club Premier who, in compliance with Section 30 of the Federal Law for the Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Private Parties, has been formally appointed to:
- Address the requests of the holders to exercise their rights.
- Encourage and ensure the protection of personal data in our possession.
For all matters related to the treatment and protection of personal data, you can contact our privacy officer by sending an email to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
3.- Personal Data we gather.
In order to achieve the purposes provided in item 4 (four) of the privacy notice herein, we collect the following categories of personal data: (i) Identification; (ii) contact information; (iii) financial data; (iv) consumption behavior; and (v) sensitive data. Regarding the latter category, we inform you the following:
3.1.- Sensitive Personal Data.
We do not collect sensitive personal data through direct or indirect means, but only when you deliver them to us personally, in order for us to provide adequate care in relation to the air transport service. Sensitive personal data we can collect include:
- Disabilities and/or reduced mobility.
- Medical conditions which must be taken into consideration to be able to fly at the treating physician’s discretion.
- In case of pregnant women, information to know the gestation period.
- Medical certificate for refund requests.
To do so, your express written consent will be needed in advance by signing this privacy notice, which is delivered personally to the ticket offices or counters. This sensitive personal data will be treated under strict security and confidentiality measures, making reasonable efforts so that the treatment period thereof is kept to a minimum.
3.2.- Personal Data of minors and people subject to interdiction
We inform you that it is in our special interest to protect the personal data of minors and that of people subject to interdiction. Personal data must, with no exceptions, have prior authorization or be granted by a parent or guardian, and will be treated under strict security and confidentiality measures.
3.3.- Personal Data of Third Parties
For third parties’ personal data you provide us, you must previously have the consent of the owner of said data and inform them of the site where they can learn about this comprehensive privacy notice.
4.- Purposes of the treatment of the collected personal data.
Personal data is collected for the following primary and secondary purposes:
- a) Primary. - Purposes that originate and are necessary for the legal relationship between you and Club Premier:
- Enrolling you in the Club Premier program.
- Providing you with the services and/or benefits offered by Club Premier.
- Allowing you to access our facilities and Premier Lounges.
- Accumulating and/or redeeming Premier Points for you.
- Providing you with quotes, bookings, purchases, cancellations, modifications, refunds, returns, issuing and receiving tickets.
- Addressing your refund requests for prize tickets.
- Identifying you as a Club Premier member, prior, during and after the accumulation and/or redemption of Premier Points.
- Notifying you about offered products and/or services.
- Enabling you to participate in the contests and raffles that we organize; in case of being a winner, grant you the corresponding prize.
- Allowing you to participate in the auctions we organize.
- Addressing your queries and clarifications made via chat and/or by any other means.
- Monitoring the quality of the telephone service we provide you, for which we may record the calls answered in our call center.
- Comply with the applicable legal provisions regarding the benefits, products and services that we provide you.
Regarding sensitive personal data, it will be used to provide you the services of: Travel assistance and support; priority for climbing and descending of the aircraft; wheelchairs in their different modalities; personal oxygen bottles or tanks or provided by Aeromexico; use of respiratory aid; driving to and ascending to the aircraft, taking you to your seat, disembarking and driving to the luggage delivery area and addressing specific requirements. On the other hand, sensitive personal data may be used to process requests for refund and requests from competent authorities.
- b) Secondary-. Different purposes and which do not give rise to the legal relationship between you and Club Premier but which, nevertheless, are very important and useful for:
- Offering banking, financial and commercial products, as well as services and promotions, through electronic mail, printed formats, by phone and/or mobile application (own, of any of the companies that make up Grupo Aeromexico, or of third-party companies).
- Sending you email surveys evaluating the services and/or benefits we provide.
- Marketing and Publicity.
- Commercial prospecting, either individually or in conjunction with companies affiliated with Club Premier.
- Informing or inviting you to participate in our non-profit activities of social commitment, whose purpose is altruistic.
4.1.- Denial of the treatment of personal data for secondary purposes.
In case you do not want the personal data to be processed for the aforementioned secondary purposes, or any of them, you can deny us your consent from this moment by sending your request to our privacy officer, who will indicate the procedure to follow for exercising your right. Your denial in this regard may not be grounds for denying the services and products you request or contract with us.
5.- Transference of personal data.
For the fulfillment of the primary purposes provided in item 4 (four) of this privacy notice, personal data may be transferred to the following natural or legal persons, without their consent being legally required under Section 37 of the Federal Law for the Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Private Parties:
- Companies or institutions with which we have an agreement executed or to be executed that is in your interest. - In order to provide benefits.
- Authorities- In order to comply with the corresponding legal provisions, as well as for the clarification of incidents or the exercise of any right.
- Companies that are part of Grupo Aeroméxico, which operate under our same processes and internal policies. - In order to provide a better service and comply with our internal regulations. These companies will fix administrative, technical and physical security measures which will allow us to protect personal data against damage, loss, alteration, destruction or use other than that provided in this privacy notice.
- Physicians, paramedics or health service providers, in case of an accident, medical emergency or health situation. - In order to be able to assist you.
Likewise, the personal identification and contact data may be transferred to the following legal entities, in which cases we do require your consent:
- Companies with commercial activities. - For the purpose of commercial prospecting and/or sale of own products or services and/or of said companies.
- Companies with commercial, recreational, advertising and/or informative activities. - In order to enable you to participate in the contests and/or raffles that we organize together, as well as grant you the corresponding prize if you have a winning result.
- Companies with marketing and advertising activities. - In order to conduct studies, market surveys and disseminate advertising in travel and destinations.
- Companies with financial activities. - In order to offer products and services of these companies or co-branded companies.
- Companies with promotional activities. - In order to inform you on promotions for travelling, destinations and tickets.
- Companies with tourist activities. - In order to promote their hosting and dissemination services in national and international destinations.
If you do not express your refusal to make these transfers, or any of them, we will understand that you have given us your consent. Your denial can be expressed from this moment by sending an email to our privacy officer, who will indicate the procedure to be followed to exercise your right.
6.- ARCO Rights.
Under the terms of the applicable regulations, you have the right to know what personal data we have about you, what we use them for and the conditions of use we give them (Access). Also, it is your right to request the correction of your personal information if it is outdated, inaccurate or incomplete (Rectification); that we remove it from our records or databases when you consider that it is not being used properly (Cancellation); as well as opposing the use of your personal data for specific purposes (Opposition). These rights are known as ARCO rights.
To exercise any of the ARCO rights, you must submit the relevant request through an email addressed to our privacy officer, who will inform you about the procedure and requirements for the exercise of those rights, response times, the form in which we will make effective your right, and will attend any doubt, complaint or comment that you have about it.
7.- Mechanisms and procedures to revoke your consent.
In the terms of the applicable regulations, you can revoke the consent that you have given us, where applicable. However, it is important that you keep in mind that your request will not be applicable in all cases or we will be able to conclude the use immediately, since it is possible that due to some legal obligation we need to continue treating your personal data.
To revoke your consent, you must submit your request through an email addressed to our privacy officer, who will inform you about the procedure and requirements for the exercise of this right, response times, how we will enforce your right, and will answer any questions, complaints or comments you have about it.
8.- Options the holder has to limit the use or dissemination of Personal Data.
In addition to the procedure and exercise of the rights stated in items 6 (six) and 7 (seven) of this privacy notice, you may limit the use or disclosure of personal data in the following ways:
- For our e-mails with marketing and advertising purposes, either of Club Premier products and services or those that we promote from third parties, you can express your denial by entering the link that will be indicated in the email itself, with which you will stop receiving them.
- Likewise, you can send an e-mail to our privacy officer requesting your registration to the "Club Premier Advertising Exclusion List", so that we do not use your personal information for promotional, advertising or marketing purposes. For further information, we ask you to contact our privacy officer via email.
We inform you that we have electronic technologies (cookies, tags, web beacons nd similar elements to perform web analytics), which allow us to collect data from your activity electronically and simultaneously while you contact us through our website: www.clubpremier.com, as well as in our mobile app.
The data we collect is the following:
- Information on the type of browser you use.
- Information about the schedule and duration of your visit to our website and/or in the mobile app.
- Sections consulted on our website and/or mobile app.
- Information of the websites you visited prior to entering: www.clubpremier.com.
- Information of the website you visited after entering: www.clubpremier.com.
- Your IP address.
The data collected is not necessary to comply with the primary obligations indicated in this privacy notice; however, they are of the utmost importance and usefulness to fulfill the following purposes:
- Sending information to your e-mail related on our current destinations and new destinations.
- Sending advertising related to your likes and preferences.
- Sending you information related to our discounts, packages and promotions.
- Offering you new products, destinations and services based on your preferences.
- Enhance and improve your user experience, by optimizing our website and mobile app.
The data collected will be for the exclusive use of Club Premier, therefore, said data will not be subject to national or international transfers.
At any time, you can disable the use of these technologies. You can consult this process in:
From Internet Explorer (in Windows)
Safari in Mac
10.- Modifications to this privacy notice.
We reserve the right to make modifications or updates to this privacy notice at any time, based on new legislation, internal policies or new requirements for the provision or offering of our services or products. The updated version will be available to the public through the following means:
- Visible ads in our stores.
- On our website, which we suggest you visit frequently.
- We can send it to the last email you have provided.
The process in relation to the notification via Internet, is the following: (i) Visit our website www.clubpremier.com. In case of modifications or updates to this privacy notice, there will be a notification to let you know; (ii) access the privacy notice link; (iii) there, you will find the current version with the last update.
11.- Unduly treatment of personal data.
If you consider that your right to the protection of personal data has been damaged by any act or omission on our part, or presume any violation of the provisions of the Federal Law for the Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Private Parties, its Regulations and other applicable ordinances, you may file your disagreement or complaint with Instituto Nacional de Transparencia Acceso a la Información y Protección de Datos Personales (INAI) (National Institute of Transparency, Access to Information and Protection of Personal Data). For further information, we suggest you visit their official website www.inai.org.mx.