Last Update: May 24, 2018
In compliance with current privacy protection provisions, we provide to you the following Privacy Notice:
1.- Entity responsible for treatment of your personal data and Representative in the European Union
PLM Premier, S.A.P.I. de C.V. (hereinafter “Club Premier”), with domicile to hear and receive notices located at Avenida Paseo de la Reforma No. 250, Colonia Juárez, Delegación Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 06600, Ciudad de México, CDMX, is the entity responsible for the treatment of your personal information.
As Representative in the European Union, Club Premier has appointed Santiago Mediano Abogados, with domicile to hear and receive notices located at Calle Campoamor 18, 1º; 28004, Madrid (España).
2.- Information about our Privacy Officer and how to get in contact
For all matters related to the treatment and protection of personal data, please contact our Privacy Officer by sending an email to the following address: [email protected]
3.- Personal data we collect
To achieve the purposes stated in item 4 (four) of this Privacy Notice, we collect the following categories of personal data: (i) Identification; (ii) contact information; (iii) financial data; (iv) consumption behavior; and (v) sensitive data. Regarding the latter category, we inform you the following:
3.1.- Sensitive personal data
We do not collect any sensitive personal data through direct or indirect means, but only when you share it with us personally to enable us to provide you with adequate air transport service. Sensitive personal data we collect may include:
- Health condition of persons with disabilities and/or reduced mobility.
- Medical conditions which must be taken into consideration to be able to fly, at the treating physician’s discretion.
- In the case of pregnant women, information required to ascertain how far along they are in the gestation period.
- Medical certificate for refund requests.
Thus, your express written consent will be needed in advance by signing this Privacy Notice, which is provided at the ticket offices or counters prior to collection of any sensitive data. Sensitive personal data will be treated under strict security and confidentiality measures, and only for the purposes stated herein, making all reasonable efforts so that the treatment period thereof is kept to a minimum.
3.2.- Personal data of minors
We inform you that we are especially interested in protecting the personal data of minors (persons under 18 years of age). Personal data we collect on minors must, with no exceptions, have prior authorization or be granted by a parent or guardian, and will be treated and protected by strict security and confidentiality measures.
3.3.- Personal data of third parties
For third party personal data you provide to us, you must previously have the consent of the owner of said data and inform them of the site where they can review this Privacy Notice.
4.- Purposes of the treatment of collected personal data
Personal data are collected for the following primary and secondary purposes:
- a) Primary. - Purposes that originate and are necessary for the legal relationship between you and Club Premier:
- Enrolling you in the Club Premier program.
- Providing you with the services and/or benefits offered by Club Premier.
- Notifying you, including via electronic means, about products and/or services offered through Club Premier and, in general, provide you with information and advertising from Club Premier and/or other parties affiliated to Club Premier so as to enable you to earn or redeem points
- Allowing you to access our facilities and Premier Lounges.
- Earning and/or redeeming your Premier Points.
- Providing you with quotes, bookings, purchases, cancellations, changes, refunds, returns, issuing and receiving tickets.
- Addressing your refund requests for reward tickets.
- Identifying you as a Club Premier member, prior, during and after earning and/or redeeming Premier Points.
- Addressing your queries and clarifications made via chat and/or by any other means.
- Monitoring the quality of the telephone service we provide, for which we may record calls handled at our call center.
- Comply with applicable legal provisions regarding the benefits, products and services we provide.
Regarding sensitive personal data, it will be used to provide you with the following services: Travel assistance and support; priority boarding and deplaning; access to various types of wheelchairs; personal oxygen bottles or tanks provided by Aeromexico; use of respiratory assist devices; driving to, and boarding the aircraft, taking you to your seat, assistance with deplaning and transfer to the baggage claim area; and addressing specific requirements. On the other hand, sensitive personal data may be used to process requests for refunds and requirements from competent authorities.
- b) Secondary-. Provided you have given your consent, your personal data will be used for other purposes, different from those that give rise to the legal relationship between you and Club Premier, which, nevertheless, are very important and useful for us to:
- Offer banking, financial and commercial products, as well as non-Club Premier services and promotions, through electronic mail, printed formats, by phone and/or mobile application.
- Send you email surveys to evaluate the services and/or benefits we provide.
- Marketing and advertising.
- Commercial prospecting, either individually or in conjunction with companies affiliated with Club Premier.
- Inform or invite you to participate in our social responsibility, non-profit activities, which are altruistic in nature.
5.- Transfer of personal data
For the fulfillment of the primary purposes provided in item 4 (four) of this Privacy Notice, personal data may be transferred to the following entities:
- Companies or institutions with which we have current or future agreements executed in your best interest in order to provide you with Club Premier benefits.
- Authorities- In order to comply with applicable legal provisions, clarify incidents, or exercise certain rights.
- Companies that are part of Grupo Aeroméxico and operate under our same processes and internal policies, available at https://aeromexico.com/es-mx/acerca-de-aeromexico/corporativo-aeromexico - In order to provide better service and comply with our internal regulations. These companies will establish administrative, technical and physical security measures which will allow us to protect personal data against damage, loss, alteration, destruction or uses other than those provided in this Privacy Notice.
- Physicians, paramedics or health service providers, in case of an accident, medical emergency or health-related situation. - In order to be able to assist you.
Also, provided you have given your consent, personal identification and contact data may be transferred to the following legal entities:
- Companies with commercial and/or information-related activities. - For the purpose of commercial prospecting and/or sale of non-Club Premier products or services.
- Companies with marketing and advertising activities. - In order to conduct studies, market surveys and disseminate advertising on travel and destinations.
- Companies with financial activities. - In order to offer products and services of these companies or co-branded companies.
- Companies with promotional activities. - In order to inform you about promotions for travel, destinations and tickets.
- Companies with tourist activities. - In order to promote their hosting and dissemination services in national and international destinations.
You have rights, which are stipulated under the terms of the applicable regulations. You may exercise these rights by submittting a request via email addressed to our Privacy Officer or our representative in the European Union, who will inform you about the procedure and requirements to exercise those rights, the response times, and the manner in which we will enforce your rights, and they will also address your questions, complaints or comments.
7.- Mechanisms and procedures to revoke your consent
Under the terms of the applicable regulations, you may revoke the consent you have given us, where applicable. However, it is important that you keep in mind that your request will not be applicable in all cases or we will be able to conclude the use immediately, since it is possible that due to some legal obligation we need to continue treating your personal data.
To revoke your consent, you must submit your request in writing to our Privacy Officer or to our representative in the European Union, who will inform you about the procedure and requirements for the exercise of this right, response times, the way we will enforce your right, and will also address your questions, complaints or comments.
8.- Options for limiting the use or disclosure of personal data
In addition to the procedure and exercise of the rights stated in items 6 (six) and 7 (seven) of this Privacy Notice, you may limit the use or disclosure of personal data in the following ways:
- For our e-mails with commercial purposes, you can express your denial by clicking on the exclusion link contained in the email itself.
- You may also send an e-mail to our Privacy Officer to request your email be added to the "Club Premier Advertising Exclusion List", so that we no longer use your personal information for promotional, advertising or marketing purposes. For further information, please contact our Privacy Officer or Representative for the European Union via email.
We inform you that we have electronic technologies (cookies and web beacons), which allow us to collect data from your activity electronically and simultaneously while you contact us through our website: www.clubpremier.com. The data we collect is the following:
- Information on the type of browser you use.
- Information about the time and duration of your visit to our website.
- Sections visited on our website.
- Information about websites you browsed prior to visiting clubpremier.com
- Information about the website you visit after visiting clubpremier.com
- Your IP address.
The data collected is not required to comply with the primary obligations contained in this Privacy Notice; however, they are of the utmost importance and usefulness to fulfill the following purposes:
- Sending information to your e-mail related on our current destinations and new destinations.
- Sending advertising related to your likes and preferences.
- Sending you information related to our discounts, packages and promotions.
- Offering you new products, destinations and services based on your preferences.
The data collected will be for the exclusive use of Club Premier, therefore, said data will not be subject to national or international transfers.
At any time, you can disable the use of these technologies. Please refer to the right procedure for your web browser:
Internet Explorer (in Windows)
Safari on Mac
10.- Modifications to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to make changes or updates to this Privacy Notice at any time, based on new legislation, internal policies or requirements for the provision or offering of our services or products. The updated version will be available to the public through the following means:
- Visible notices at our facilities.
- On our website, which we suggest you visit frequently.
- We can send it to the last email you have provided.
The process in relation to notifications via Internet is as follows: (i) Visit our website www.clubpremier.com. In case of changes or updates to this Privacy Notice, a notice will be posted to inform you; (ii) access the Privacy Notice link; (iii) there, you will find the current version and the date on which it was updated.
11.- Misuse of personal data
If you consider that your right to the protection of your personal data has been violated by any act or omission on our part, or presume any violation of the provisions in the applicable legislation, you may submit a complaint or report to the data protection authorities in your country.
When you become a member of Club Premier by clicking on the Accept checkbox in this Privacy Notice, you are expressly consenting to the terms herein.